Supercraft-Kit December 2013

Supercraft-Kit December 2013


I found supercraft more by chance - I was browsing through Dawanda and stumbled upon the fabric they were offering from one of the past boxes. Immediately after reading about the concept I was hooked and subscribed for a year (per-Christmas-treat).

The whole subscription process and delivery went smoothly and I got to unpack my first beginning of December.


Everything was packed nice and neat and all the supplies arrived without any damage.

The first thing I browsed were the magazine-like instructions. It tells you exactly what is in the kit, what supplies you need to provide for yourself and then gives you a myriad of possibilities to get creative!

Necessary additional supplies

Provided Supplies

In this kit, it was all about wrapping Christmas presents. So you got wrapping paper, gift-tags, stickers, two stamps, a black ink pad, fabric ribbon, foam rubber (to make your own stamps), acrylic colour and a monthly birthday-calendar to decorate yourself.



I especially loved the stamps... they make a versatile addition to any stamp collection and will definitely also work outside Christmas season.



So I got to stamping!

And let me tell you - it ain't as easy as it sounds! My last encounter with a self-made stamp was in kindergarten and involved a potato...

But nevertheless I started out with a snowman and a star and stamped away!





The snowman wrapping paper didn't look half as good as I imagined, so I added some heart-shaped snowflakes to distract from the nicely strung snowmen... and wrapped a package and sent it off to the US! Out of sight out of mind...

The stars looked better, especially on the round stickers. I also did another sheet of wrapping paper with the stars, and it looked somewhat better (sorry for the bad lighting... winter-darkness...).


Then I tried my best with the fabric ribbon... The instructions were clear and the outcome looked beautiful, so I tried to copy this "chipped" look, but it was smudgy and uneven. So in a second attempt I went for triangles, which worked out much better!

The regular stamps also worked really well on the ribbon, so I made two of those, too.


I haven't bought wrapped all my presents yet, so stay tuned for more pictures!

Summary
Overall, I love the concept of a bi-monthly box, because I think a monthly subscription would just be too much. It gives you the opportunity to try out new crafts, without going through the hussel of researching the right supplies and instructions.

Although the provieded color wasn't entirely to my taste (I'm more of a green-red-white-Christmas kind of gal...), it all matched and made me go out of my comfort zone, which is always a good thing!

The price for a yearly subscription is 24,95€/kit (one-time order is 34,95€), which is a lot, but I did get many supplies that I get to use outside of this project. So I think you definitely get your money's worth. And it is also a nice idea for your Christmas/Birthday-wishlist!

The instructions are clear with lots of pictures and some great inspirations and suggestions.

I will continue to post about the boxes, so maybe my opinion changes overtime, but for now I'm very happy with the concept!

Oh, yes, and nobody payed me to write this (I wish...). I subscribed out of my free will and wrote my completely honest opinion!

What are your experiences with home-made stamps? Would you subscribe to Supercraft-Kit (or a similar DIY box)?


No comments:

Post a Comment